Blackjack is one of the most historically prominent games offered in modern casinos. The game is said to be the modern version of the primitive ‘twenty-one” cards game. The love of people for this classic game seems to be never fading. The love is not even expected to fade as the classic game was brought into modified versions like online Blackjack and Live Blackjack. And the way people have accepted this transition has cemented its persistence in the long run.
Blackjack seems like a relatively simpler game when compared to its companion classic games like Roulette and Baccarat. The player just needs to get close to a total of 21 points or exactly 21 points through the cards and moves that are allowed to the player. However, this is where the game proves to be deceptive. Although the gameplay of Blackjack looks simple at first glance, the game involves making impactful moves that are capable of changing the course and consequence of the game completely. Hence, playing the game carefully and strategically becomes highly important if the player wants to have a good gaming experience at the online game. Below are some tips that may be serviceable for playing online Blackjack.
When to Hit or Stand?
The game of Online casino requires the player to make two of the elementary moves after placing the bet and being dealt with the cards. These two choices are whether to hit or stand?
Hitting is a move which conveys to the dealer that you are unsure of the success of your card and so, you want one of your cards to be changed. You can keep hitting till you are satisfied with your cards but it doesn’t mean that you should keep on hitting till infinity. There are certain conditions when hitting proves statistically significant.
- If the dealer has an ace and you have a value of 11
- If the dealer has a 10 and you have a value of 10
- If the dealer has a 7, 8, 9, 10 or ace and you have an 8 or a value of 12 to 16
- If you have a value of 17 or higher
- If the dealer has a 6 or less and you have a value of 13 or more
- If the dealer has a 7, 8 or 9 and you have a value of 9 These are the instances where you should stand.
- If you have a pair of 10s or face cards.
In all other cases, it is better to go for other options like a stand or other moves allowed on a Blackjack table.
To stand is to tell the dealer that you are happy with the cards you are holding. After you stand, you are not allowed to make any further moves, in case you change your mind. So it is always advised to think twice before declaring a stand.
When to Split or Double?
These are the two rather complicated moves offered in a Blackjack game. Splitting is allowed when you have two cards of the same value like two 2s or two 9s. Whereas, double or doubling down means that you can double your bet on the hand in exchange for one extra card. These two moves are the most thrilling moves in the game as they bring a huge change in the ultimate result of the game.
Similar to hitting, there are situations that are said to be statistically better for splitting or doubling down. These are
- Always split 8s and aces if the rules allow
- Don’t ever split 5s, rather double down or hit when the dealer has a 10 or an ace
- If the dealer has a 6 or less then, split 6s and 7s
- Split 2s and 3s when the dealer has a 4 to 7 card
- Double Down
- Double the value of 11 unless the dealer’s card is an ace card
- Double 9 if the dealer has a 3, 4, 5 or 6
- Double a value of 10 unless the dealer’s card is a 10 or ace
- Importance of bankroll
Bankroll is a highly important part of gambling if you want to continue having a normal life elsewhere. Bankroll is the maintenance of a record which stores data about how much money you have been betting and how much have you lost. This acts as a reminder to your gambling habit of when to stop betting further. Understanding the need of the hour to stop gambling as it may affect your daily life is significant to lead a healthy and happy life.